This MQA-approved training starts on Wednesday 24 April 2013
Book a seat and you may get your full registration of Rs 22,000 for FREE! The class needs to be fully booked for this offer to be valid. The name of one participant will be drawn to get full refund of training fees.
- Become a Professional Web Developer
- Master web development from A to Z: from semantic HTML to using the latest features of PHP and MySQL to create powerful yet easy-to-maintain web applications and, in doing so, acquire all the skills which are currently in great demand in Mauritian companies
- Benefit from the individual attention and expertise of the trainers who are all passionate web developers with real-life experience
- Develop complex applications in a practical environment with each participant using an individual PC with the latest software and full Internet access
This pragmatic and practical web development course has been designed to give the trainee a thorough knowledge of XHTML, CSS, PHP and MySQL to build powerful and efficient web applications with a high level of security. The trainee will implement object-oriented web applications in PHP which use the latest features from MySQL (e.g. stored procedures, triggers, partitioning) for maximum performance.This 30-hour training (course code:PHP2) will run from 09:00-16:00 in our premises in Quatre-Bornes. The MQA-registered trainers are Avinash Meetoo, Navind Jaskaran and Noorani Bakerally.
- “I discovered templating with Smarty using bootstrap. [It was] a very enriching experience. I highly recommend the course to anyone who wants to start web development.” (Christine Wan, RT Knits)
- “[I liked] that all the main steps of website creation [were covered.]“ (Neerann Nynan, Mauritius Commercial Bank)
- “[The] explanation [given is] very good and professional.” (Mohendranath Rambajan, Information and Communication Technologies Authority)
- “The step-by-step exercises to building a website was up to the mark.” (Tina Shibnauth, R-Mad)
- “I understood the ‘why’s’ behind many features usually used mechanically at work. The practical sessions were complementary to explained theory.” (Yashvin Veerappa, Navi Partner)
- “[I was] impressed by the skills and knowledge of [the trainer.]“ (Dharmindar Seeruttun, Tertiary Education Commission)
- “[The] explanation [given is] very good and professional”. (Mohendranath Rambajan, Information and Communication Technologies Authority)
- “The course was very interesting, I learned the shopping cart system and the Smarty.” (Cedric Roussel)
Anyone who has a good knowledge in Object-Oriented PHP and HTML/CSS or developers, designers, web site developers who want to acquire advanced skills in PHP.
- Developing semantic W3C compliant web pages
- Using a CSS Framework
- Using filters and templates in PHP
- Parsing JSON and XML documents
- Accessing MySQL with PHP
- Using sessions and cookies
- Using MySQL
- File and Directory access
- Performance tuning
- Further performance tuning
Read our blog on how to maximise performance when using MySQL.
The course is MQA-approved and costs Rs 22,000 per participant. All fees are payable upon booking of seats. This is our policy in case of cancellation. Eligible companies can get refunds from the HRDC.Become a Knowledge Seven Associate, refer people to our training courses and earn 10% of what we receive as training fee.
Get Free Information
Individual clients: Leave your contact details and we will let you know when the course is scheduled.