Linux is a multitasking operating system and, as such, runs multiple processes concurrently. Managing these processes correctly is important if we want to have an efficient server. We will learn the following aspects of process management:
- Manage foreground and background processes
- Monitor running processes
- Get detailed information on running processes
- Send signals to processes
- Run a process after log out
Then we are going to learn how to manage processes priorities e.g. by examining default and current priorities, setting priorities, changing priorities, etc.